Navman EZY 40
Currently we know how to run XCSoar from the built-in flash
memory in the PNA. Its SD card isn't used at all because the
built-in memory can be accessed as if the PNA is a USB memory
This approach installs XCSoar in the root directory on the
Navman EZY 40. It does not use the SD card at all. Carry out the
- Connect the EZY 40 to a USB port and turn it on. It can
then be treated as though it is a memory stick. Use your usual
file manipulation tool for the next steps.
- Create an XCSoarData folder and copy the turnpoints, map
data, airspace files, polars etc into it.
- Rename the existing smartst_ce.exe to old_smartst_ce.exe.
This isn't strictly needed, but will let you revert the EZY 40
to its original state if you should find that necessary.
- Copy xcsoar.exe into the EZY 40 root directory and and
rename it to smartst_ce.exe
- Stop and restart the EZY40. It should come up running
- Use the System setup pages as usual to configure XCSoar by
selecting your map, airspace, and turnpoint files etc. In
addition, set the com port to COM2 and the baud rate to
XCSoar should now find and use the EZY 40's GPS receiver.